We all know that keeping up with social media is a job, and the constant updates that may slip by unnoticed may be something that could really help your small business.
Many of these changes can be a big help to any small business, so we take the time necessary to see what may work nicely for us.
To help with this, here are a few of the latest social media changes to come down the pike in the last couple of months, what they are, and how they can help your small business!
5 New Social Media Updates that Can Benefit Your Small Business
1. Facebook Instant Articles – A great new change for those publishing and spreading information on mobile devices is the introduction of Facebook Instant Articles, which is a wildly interactive and innovative platform that allows users to zoom in, comment on, listen to audio and more directly on the page itself.
2. Twitter to expand Characters in Direct Messages – Twitter is listening and beginning in July 2015 they have pumped up the character limit on direct messages (not Tweets!) to 10,000 characters. I’m already imagining the possibilitiesâ€¦
3. Google Search to Show More Social Results – Look for Tweets to start showing up in Google mobile search results. All you have to do is to type your interest into the Google mobile app and the resulting page will have relevent and recent Tweets on the subject at hand. For now this only works on mobile, desktop to come later.
4. Twitter’s Awesome New Search Page – Even more from Twitter, a new, full-featured search results page which features a far cleaner and useful interface. You can also filter your searches quite nicely, to further refine your search queries.
5. Simply Measured LinkedIn Reporting – The popular social analytics company Simply Measured has rolled out a new report designed to give LinkedIn publishers a far deeper look into their analytics. Together with a wealth of metrics to choose from, there is also an updated cross channel social performance reports covering 8 social networks. Check it out!
Social media is in a constant state of change! Keeping up with some of the shifts will help keep your social efforts fruitful.
Bell media group is a digital marketing agency located in Spartanburg South Carolina. We help small and midsize local businesses achieve dramatic growth through principle based marketing. If you’d like a complimentary 7 page business assessment report ran for your business ($97 value), GO HERE to access. This report highlights what a consumer finds when they search for your business online. You can find out what customers are saying about you on social media and review sites, and how you compare to your competition. Plus, find out where you’re listed and whether or not those listings are accurate.